No Connection = Ugly Surprises At The End Of The Sales Cycle!
Recap of last week: Sales Success: 7 Core Skills Necessary For Sales & Entrepreneurial Success!
- Have you ever had a deal fall apart at the end of the cycle unexpectedly?
- How about a candidate that refused an offer that you were CERTAIN they were excited about?
- Have you ever shared an announcement with a team member who reacted in a WILDLY different manner than you expected?
More often than not, the answer comes from the same place: You didn’t understand your prospect/candidate/employee’s position BEFORE your big reveal and, because of this, you couldn’t influence their response or tailor your presentation.
How we avoid this:
- Take the time UP FRONT to ask them questions about THEIR outcome
- Ask them questions consistently so you are aware of changes in THEIR situation
- Put yourself in THEIR shoes and imagine what you would want in their position
- Speak in terms of THEIR outcome not yours (What’s In It For THEM!)
- Last, but not least… Test Balloon!
PROTIP: The More They BELIEVE That You Care About Their Experience And Outcome The More Influence You Will Have!
Review your methodology (Sales/Recruiting/Management) and ensure that you are not Talking AT your target. Incorporate the strategies above to increase the likelihood that you have a positive outcome!
If you liked this Podcast please take a moment and give us a review & rating wherever it is that you listen to us.
As always, thank you for listening and don’t forget to stop by the Blog , join the community, and download your FREE book: The Successful Business Blueprint!